Cosmetic Dentist Blainville
From giving you a bright, beautiful smile to restoring damaged teeth, cosmetic dentistry is just as important as an emergency and general dentistry-based procedures. At Lüminus Dental Clinic, we prioritize both your oral health and your smile because we know your teeth significantly impact how you feel.
There are several types of cosmetic dentistry and involve various treatments and procedures aimed at improving the appearance of teeth and creating a more attractive smile.
Primarily, cosmetic dental procedures concern themselves with the following:
Cosmetic Dental Procedures Available in Blainville
We offer a wide range of cosmetic dental procedures. With the help of our expert dental team that focuses on improving your smile and confidence, we can give you a smile that leaves you with a spring in your step. Below are some of the cosmetic dental procedures available in Blainville at Lüminus Dental Clinic:
Teeth become discolored for various reasons, including:
- Extrinsic Stains: These are surface stains that affect the outer layer of the tooth called the enamel. Extrinsic stains are usually caused by consuming certain foods and beverages like coffee, tea, red wine, and colored sodas. Smoking or tobacco use can also lead to extrinsic staining.
- Intrinsic Stains: Intrinsic stains occur within the inner structure of the tooth, called dentin. These stains can result from factors such as tooth trauma, excessive fluoride intake during tooth development (fluorosis), certain medications (e.g., tetracycline antibiotics) taken during tooth development, or natural aging processes.
- Aging: As we age, the enamel on our teeth naturally wears down, becoming thinner and allowing more of the underlying dentin to show. Dentin is naturally yellowish, so as it becomes more visible, teeth can appear more discolored.
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Inadequate brushing, flossing, and regular dental cleanings can contribute to the buildup of plaque and tartar on the teeth. These can cause teeth to appear yellow or stained.
- Dental Trauma: Trauma or injury to a tooth can cause it to darken or change color. This can happen when there is damage to the tooth’s blood vessels or nerves, leading to internal bleeding or tooth death.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as tetracycline antibiotics taken during tooth development or antihistamines, high blood pressure medications, and chemotherapy drugs, can cause tooth discoloration.
- Genetics: Some individuals may naturally have teeth that are more prone to discoloration or have a yellowish or grayish hue.
Do You Need Cosmetic Dentistry?
Are you considering cosmetic dentistry? Our dental professionals will assess your oral health to determine which cosmetic dental procedures will help you obtain the smile you desire.
Recovering from Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Recovering from cosmetic dental procedures will depend on the procedure that is performed. It may be as simple as avoiding foods and beverages that can stain teeth for a certain period following a whitening procedure, to taking prescribed medications and following specific post treatment care following implant oplacement.